Human Resources Coordinator
The Human Resource Coordinator aids with and facilitates the human resource processes at all business locations. This role administers employee health and welfare plans and acts as a liaison between employees and insurance providers. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. The Human Resource Coordinator makes those certain plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
Main Duties and Tasks:
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions Assist with all internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Support other assigned functions.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks. • Reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action. • Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the HR Manager.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Processes mail.
- Assist with payroll and ad-hoc HR projects.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related (essential).
- 2 years of experience as an HR coordinator (essential).
- Exposure to Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Exposure to payroll practices.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail. Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
- Physical Demands
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Travel: 0% – 5% travel required.
AAP/EEO Statement: STS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. About STS Education: We are computer geeks and techies, sales professionals and accounting nerds, entrepreneurs and matriarchs, customer service fanatics and storytellers, educators and lifelong students. We are family, bonded by the belief that we can help students learn anytime, anywhere.We are inspired by teachers who made a lasting impression on our lives. It’s those traits, skills and dedication that motivate us every day to eagerly help schools deliver impactful education.We take great pride in being an education-focused company